Interested in learning about Cord Blood Banking? Our team is here to help you understand how important it is to preserve your newborn's stem cells. We've created this free informational guide for you to to learn about our company, the concept of cord blood banking & the future benefits it can unlock. Register your interest below to receive your free copy.
There are many reasons to take advantage of Cord Blood Banking:
- Once in a lifetime opportunity.
- Stem cells at birth are pure & have not been exposed to disease, mutation or contamination.
- Cord blood-derived stem cells are FDA approved to treat more than 80 diseases. Learn more about treatments by clicking here.
- Over 40,000 patients have already benefited from cord blood stem cell transplants.
- Siblings have up to 75% chance of match while parents have 50% of match.
- Using cord blood from a family member are sometimes about twice as successful as those from a non-relative.
What is Cord Blood?
Cord blood contains stem cells that can be used to help treat serious diseases later in one’s life. Cord blood is the blood collected from the umbilical cord of a newborn baby where there is a rich source of stem cells. These stem cells are similar to the stem cells found in an adult’s bone marrow; however the youth of the cells makes them able to replicate themselves for a longer period of time. Cord blood contains red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, and plasma. Most importantly, it contains a rich source of stem cells called “hematopoietic stem cells” or HSCs for short. These young stem cells are able to differentiate (change into other blood cells) & replicate themselves making HSCs the ideal choice or transplantation & disease treatment.
What can Cord Blood do?
As of today cord blood stem cells can undergo a process of transfusion to treat over 80 diseases including cancers, metabolic disorders, immune & blood related diseases. However, doctors see more potential & are currently researching the use of cord blood to treat other diseases including diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, & so much more. HealthBanks prides itself on not only being there for parents to help them store their child’s cord blood, but also for participating in the research to help find treatments for diseases. To learn more about current & future treatments of stem cells from cord blood, click here.